I thought I'd do something a little different to what I usually do I tried to save the packaging of makeup I've bought over the last 6 months to then put this post together, I also did this to show myself exactly how much I've bought and kinda give myself a reality check. Recently I've cut down a hell-of-a lot on buying makeup now to the point I can go weeks without buying. Along the way its been pretty hard and I've down moments followed with withdrawal moments. I think what has helped is the fact I've been spending my time and effort on preparing for my little one's arrival and buying stuff for baby, right now I'm so far on the 3 week mark of not to have bought any makeup and I feel rather proud.
Above are pics of what I bought over the last 6 months roughly, not everything is pictured as they didn't come in packaging, I also didn't include skin care or my monthly essentials as I wanted to base this most merely what we can class as 'luxuries'. If I'm honest when I had a crazy obsession I would usually spend and buy equivalent to the above each month so I would say I'm rather proud of myself and achieving the will power to look away or to be able to look and not cave in.
Although right now I have the urges coming back and so many thing I would like to buy so I may do another 6 month project or I may just go back to my monthly haul posts depending on how much I buy. On the other hand I love all my guilty pleasure buys above :) let me know if you'd prefer another 6 monthly project post in the comments below, I have also listed below some reviews of items from the above that I have already reviewed.
- ColourPop Cosmetics Blushers Review/Swatches - link
- ColourPop Cosmetics In The Bloom Collection Review/Swatches - link
- ColourPop Cosmetics Lippi Stix, Lip Liners & Eyeshadows Review/Swatches - link
- Makeup Geek Cosmetics Eyeshadows Review/Swatches - link
- NARS Dual Intensity Blushers and Brush Review/Swatches - link
- NARS All Day Luminous Wear Foundation, Velvet Lip Pencil and Radiant Creamy Concealer Review/Swatches - link
- Dose Of Colours Liquid Matte Lipsticks Review/Swatches - link
- Lime Crime Cashmere Velvetine Review/Swatches - link
- Lime Crime Pansy Velvetine Review/Swatches - link
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Cream Contour Kit Review/Swatches - link
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Matte Lipsticks Review/Swatches - link