While I was pregnant my hair was great it was the longest it's ever been for some reason it grew alot more it was half way down my back I was absolutely loving it if I'm honest! Anyway after birth the condition went very dry on the ends and very oily on my roots this made me wash it more which didn't help the dryness of my ends at all I eventually had to get a hair cut and had to lose quite a bit of length due to the condition of my ends =[.
This still didn't seem to solve the problem at all so I started trying various products and methods to try keep it as healthy as I can without having to get it cut. I settled with the following routine:
- I apply Coconut or Olive oil the night before, I try to alternate between the two, when applying I massage my roots and scalp very well this helps circulation of blood flow to the roots it also makes it easier to clear out build up in the roots. What we don't realise is under all the hair on our scalp from using products our roots seem to get very clogged up so its important to clear that away and also increase blood flow and give enough nourishment. I finish off equally applying the oil to the rest of my hair and again massage the oil well into my ends to try nourish them with goodness. The best thing is the feel of your hair once you wash the oil out you will instantly feel the diference.
- For washing my hair I use a normal shampoo at the moment which I will soon be changing to using Mythic Oil shampoo which is meant to be very good. Next I use RUB RUB RUB by Lush which has micro sea salts I use this mainly to clear away the dirt and build up from my roots, this product is amazing and gives you natural volume trust me you will feel the diff straight after drying your hair. Finally I use Lee Staffords 'Hair Growth Treatment' now I don't know if it works with hair growth but this product for me works like a conditioner hence why I've stopped using conditioner you leave it in for 5 minutes and then wash out.
- I can't leave my hair to air dry because it all clumps together and remains greasy so unfortunatley I have to blow dry. I try to do the best I can so when my hair is wet I don't use a brush on it because thats the worst thing you can do and you will end up with loads of split ends I use Denman's shower brush it has soft flexible rubber/plastic bristles and only costs £3.59. I then spritz my hair with Lee Staffords 'Poker Straight Flat Iron Mist' I then start to dry my hair, while it is half dry I apply two pumps of Mythic Oil and 'R&B Hair Moisturizer' by Lush I only apply these to the ends of my hair. The less product you use on your roots the better it won't clog your roots and also won't weigh your hair down causing it to be greasy. I then finish drying.
- Once my hair is dry I apply Mythic Oil and R&B Hair Moisturizer again but only a small amount this time.
Goodness of each product:
- Mythic Oil - Enriched with a special blend of avocado and grape seed oil this lightweight oil cares and pampers all hair types. Nourishing even the finest hair the formula leaves hair looking shiny feeling nourished and supple. Before blow drying diligently apply Mythic Oil to various sections of the hair allowing the formula to pamper your tired locks. Your hair is left looking shiny and feeling supple.
- Coconut Oil - It’s loaded with Vitamin E and fatty acids (such as lauric acid, myristic acid, capric acid and more) which are anti-fungal, anti-oxidizing and anti-bacterial, just the sort of stuff that our skin and hair happily respond to!
- Olive Oil - Olive hairs are high in monounsaturated fats and hence, those who desire for shiny, silky, and soft hair, then this are it! Olive oils are the best option to have for your hair. Olive oil is proven to act as a healing agent with hair scalp treatment.
- RUB RUB RUB - Revives the hair and balances the scalp. A leave-in moisturiser for all dry or curly hair types.
- Hair Growth Treatment - For Hair that never Grows past a certain Length', Lee Stafford Hair Growth Treatment with Pro-Growth complex, contains a protein-based complex to fertilise your follicles to help hair grow faster and reach its maximum potential length.
- Poker Straight Flat Iron Mist - This protection spray helps you win the battle against frizz, protects and cares for hair, but most importantly leaves hair Poker Straight.